Why work as a Self-directed Support Personal Assistant?
To ensure our clients are getting quality care and support, they need quality people.
As the biggest Self-directed Support (SDS) advisory service in North East Scotland, we support hundreds of clients – and everyone one of them is dependent on the skills, compassion, creativity and dedication of SDS Personal Assistants.
What is an SDS Personal Assistant?
Under SDS, individuals receiving health and social support (or relatives working on their behalf) have the option to employ their own staff. An SDS Personal Assistant is someone who is employed by an SDS employer.
What are the benefits?
Unlike agency staff, SDS Personal Assistants have a huge amount of freedom to organise their own working lives, building their own 'portfolio' careers by choosing where and for whom they work. Many of our clients report building lasting professional relationships with their employees, effectively welcoming them as extensions to their families.
In addition to this, SDS Personal Assistants benefit from:
- Excellent rates of pay, ranging from £10.50 to £10.91
- A workplace pension
- Statutory paid annual leave
- Full training arranged and paid for by employers
- Opportunities to shadow other SDS Personal Assistants
- Access to our dedicated PA Advisor for support
- An invitation to join our PA Relief Pool
- High-street discounts through their employers' insurers
Head over to our live jobs board to browse and apply for current jobs.
Don't see what you're looking for?
If you can't find the job you're looking for, you can sign up to receive job alerts. We'll let you know as and when new jobs open up in your area.